Sunday, October 18, 2009

First steps....

I'm not really sure where this is going...... just that it is.

I'll start by saying 'hi' and welcome to my blog. To the great big world out there this is not a big deal (ok, it's really insignificant) but to me it is a 'first step'. I like these steps. Because there is always something new waiting to be discovered the farther you go. Something you didn't expect.

I chose the title because it kinda reflects me. I seem to exist somewhere in the middle. I'm middled aged (41). I am married and have an average sized family. I am middle-class (whatever that means today). Academically, I was always in the middle of the curve. And it seems when I race a bicycle I always end up....somewhere in the middle. Never on the podium and always trying to avoid a DNF (Did Not Finish).

You'll here a lot about bicycles (and cyclocross). I spend a great deal of time riding one and my wife often teases and calls it my 'mistress.' A product of my mid-life crisis I guess and by the size of the Cat 4 Master's fields recently it looks like I am not alone. I hope to share a little about myself and the sport I love.

With that I guess I am 'clipped in'. All that is left now is to turn the pedals and see where this ride takes me......

jer

1 comment:

  1. blog it Jerry -- "it looks like I am not alone" -- you got that right. --shannon

    ReplyDelete